Senior Clinical Outsourcing Associate
South San Francisco, CA
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client’s team as Senior Clinical Outsourcing Associate in South San Francisco, California. The Senior Clinical Outsourcing Associate reports into the Manager or Senior Manager, Clinical Outsourcing (Site Budgets). This position will undertake activities to provide specialized support and assistance to Clinical Operations, Contracts, Finance and other departments as required, in the administration and negotiation of clinical study budgets. Their work will have a direct impact on not just the organization but the larger clinical industry making this an amazing career opportunity.
- Coordinates communication from and acts as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders with regard to clinical site budget contracting
- Works on Fair Market Value (FMV) analysis and processing of FMV exceptions
- May participate in study management meetings
- Reviews and analyzes key clinical site budgets, contracts and Change Orders, identifying areas requiring further negotiation or clarification
- Supports the Clinical Outsourcing Site Budgets team with data collection, analysis, and other projects as assigned
- Assist with the tracking of negotiated savings achieved
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking progress and status of clinical budget and contracts
- Provide cost benchmarking for clinical outsourcing activities using industry based tools or customized analysis
- A minimum of 5 years of Biotech/Pharma outsourcing experience or a combination of relevant life cycle contracts management experience and 3 years direct outsourcing experience
- Excellent analytical, communication, written, and verbal skills
- Knowledge of clinical trial lifecycle and the internal and external key players involved in running clinical trials
- Understanding of Outsourcing’s role in clinical trial management
- Understanding of Outsourcing responsibilities and concerns versus other functional area responsibilities and concerns
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze financial and operational data
- Ability to effectively review and negotiate clinical site budget and contracts
- Successful track record with metrics, project delivery, collaboration and relationship management desired
- 4 Year college degree with BA or BS in Life Science, Finance, Business Strategy, or related field
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
- Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
- Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
- Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.