Clinical SAS Programmer
Chadds Ford, PA
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client’s team as a Clinical SAS Programmer, in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. This role is responsible for producing standard and custom reports for use by the Clinical Data Managers in their data review and cleaning efforts, developing transfer specifications with vendors for external data sources, performing Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) conversion programming and Quality Control (QC) and handling all other ad-hoc data requests by project team members for assigned studies.
- Extract clinical data from the clinical data management system and produce standard and custom reports, primarily in SAS
- Program reports and listings as requested by project team members for ongoing studies
- Develop transfer specifications with vendors for external data sources
- Perform consistency checks on data transferred between Client and external parties to ensure completeness and accuracy of data contained transfers
- Perform programming to convert raw, clinical trial data to Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) format
- Perform Quality Control (QC) on programming work performed by fellow Database Programmers
- Create and validate global macros or systems that streamline repetitive operations to increase programming efficiency
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical SAS programming experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of CDISC SDTM mapping/specs/conversion/domains/datasets/eCRF/eCRT Package/define.xml development and SDTM data transfer operations on clinical studies
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements relevant to submissions
- Good knowledge of clinical trial study design and electronic data submission requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree OR certification
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
- Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
- Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
- Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.