Chadds Ford, PA
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client’s team as a Medical Coder in Chadds Ford, PA. The Medical coder will be responsible for accurate and timely coding of adverse events (AEs), medications, medical history events, procedures, and indications reported on case report forms (CRFs) using standard medical coding dictionaries for phase I through phase IV clinical research studies in adherence to all applicable regulatory guidelines and Global Standard Operating Procedures (GSOPs).
- Responsible for the implementation, upgrades and maintenance of current dictionaries
- Responsible for coding AEs, medications, medical history events, procedures, and indications for multiple projects
- Coordinates coding activities among coders and ensures all study deliverables are met
- Reviews coded data for accuracy, quality, and consistency
- Generates electronic queries in the applicable system for unclear terms
- Creates study specific coding guidelines
- Creates and maintains documentation on coding activities
- Acts as primary resource within study team for coding issues and support
- Coordinates with medical monitors during coding review
- 3+years of relevant medical / clinical trials research industry experience
- 2+ years of Clinical Coding experience in WHOdrug and MedDRA dictionaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in nursing, biological, behavioral, computer science, or 5 years clinical research experience
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
- Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
- Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
- Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.