The role of the Principal Engineer is to support and lead teams in the development of medical device products, maintaining product processes and test processes. The role is located in San Diego, California. Principal Engineers are encouraged to have 6+ years of experience in medical devices and strong experience in developing devices.
- Generate intellectual property, write invention disclosures.
- Develop new product concepts and product.
- Supervise technicians, specialists, and associate engineers.
- Specifies and/or directs the specification and testing of new materials and designs.
- Engineering design and process development.
- Confers with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems and develop designs.
- Largely self-directed, capable of meeting project goals with minimal supervision.
- Must have at least 6+ years of experience in medical devices.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Word, Excel and CAD.
- Must have strong experience in developing devices for cardiac conditions.
- Must have experience in developing / designing catheter delivery systems. Strong understanding of balloon based delivery systems is a plus.
- Must have experience in prototyping / developing / designing using Nitinol / Stainless steel based implants.
- Experienced in using braider machines, laser welding machines and small component design.
- The ability to read and prepare technical documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of standard machine shop equipment and processes and medical device manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering or related field.