North Chicago, IL
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client’s team as a Medical Writer in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The purpose of this role is to ensure accurate and consistent coding of medical data including, but not limited to, adverse event verbatim descriptions and medication terms received from global clinical trials across all therapeutic areas. Their work will have a direct impact on not just the organization but the larger clinical industry making this an amazing career opportunity.
- Prepares coding assignments for new studies and collaborates with clinical team representatives on sign-off of documentation
- Primary coding resource for assigned studies accurately codes adverse events using MedDRA and concomitant medications using WHO Drug in accordance with company coding conventions
- Identifies when drug names are ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes and directs query generation in this regard
- Identifies and resolves coding discrepancies
- Reviews coding listings for accuracy and consistency
- Under supervision, provides consultation to safety reviewers and study designated physicians regarding study-specific coding questions
- Applies coding guidelines and regulations
- Requires 2 years relevant coding experience or equivalent work experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Must have a strong understanding and utilization of medical terminology
- Experience coding medical data (adverse events and concomitant medications) and a working understanding of the clinical coding process is preferred
- Knowledge of clinical data management processes is preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to identify discrepancies in clinical data
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, work independently as well as in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree with related health science background required (e.g. Nursing, Pharmacy)
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
- Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
- Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
- Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.