Associate Director Strategic Sourcing
Our client is looking for a highly qualified and skilled professional for the role of Associate Director Strategic Sourcing, Research and Development and Clinical Outsourcing in Marlborough, Massachusetts. We are looking for an Associate Director with at least six years of experience who wants to be a part of a great organizational culture, is organized and loves the industry.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Strategic Sourcing
- Lead and set Strategic Direction for cross-functional sourcing programs within assigned categories
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing review meetings with key external partners and internal stakeholders
- Support the R & D study teams supplier planning activities and act as lead in key vendor engagements
- Draft RFIs/RFPs, conduct supplier evaluations, and drive the sourcing and contracting process
- Maintenance of the contracts (i.e. MSAs, change orders)
- Consult stakeholders on potential cost savings opportunities, collaboratively develop cost savings initiatives and provide on-going tracking and reporting
- 8 to 10 years of R&D procurement, strategic sourcing, category management experience
- A minimum of years of procurement support for Pharma/R&D operations
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced Degree desirable
- Advanced negotiations skills courses a plus
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
- Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
- Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
- Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
- Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
- Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.